Monday, April 21, 2008

DREAM THEATRE Part 7: How CDs Are Made

Neko Case and I are trapped in a hotel room. We're looking out the window and below us is a mob made up mostly of cops, people from Neko's record label and strange men running around in lab coats. The cops are shouting for us to get out of there, they've got the place surrounded, and if we don't comply they'll gas us out. It's at this point that I notice we're both dressed in 1930s era gangster suits. I ask Neko what the big deal is, and frantically she says her new album is going to drop in a few days, and they want her to get in "that thing." She's really starting to freak and I ask her "What thing??" She points outside and in the middle of the street I see a huge silver disc, propped up on a sort of platform and surrounded by strange machines manned by the lab coat guys. It looks like a giant CD. I ask her what that is, and she replies rather incredulously "Well duh, it's a CD! Those scientist guys are going to stick me into that thing, shrink it, and make millions of copies! How'd you think CDs were made, anyway?!"

No comments: