Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dead Can Dance • Paramount Theater • September 21, 2005


Having decided to put their differences aside and re-unite for a special tour of both Europe and America, Dead Can Dance graced the Bay Area with their presence at the wondrous palace that is the Paramount theater in Oakland for 2 unforgettable nights of music. I attended both shows. This is the most I've ever spent for any concert, but I must say it was so well worth it. The band was exceptional. I never thought I'd ever get to hear 'Rakim' live again, and now I got to hear it twice. Other favorites were 'Yulunga', 'The Wind That Shakes The Barley', 'Saffron', and 'Hymn For The Fallen', which managed to reduce some audience members to tears. Lisa Gerrard must be some angel sent down to us from heaven.

No comments: