Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Neurosis • Great American Music Hall • December 31, 2007

A whole year has passed already and here we are again on New Year's Eve. It's like I was just at this show. The behemoth metal machine that is Neurosis sent me into 2008 in grand rockin' style. This year it'll be my fav comedian, Patton Oswalt, that'll usher me and J into what I hope to be a great new year.

B-52s • S.F. Civic Auditorium • December 30, 1989


I remember the band bouncing onto the stage and Fred Schneider offering an exuberant 'Hi!' to the audience a split second before the band launched full on into 'Cosmic Thing' and the place going bananas. Good times.

The Cult • Cow Palace • December 27, 1989

The cavernous echo chamber aka the Cow Palace + a singer who could barely keep up with the music + songs that would've been better served if the band had a rhythm guitarist = A huge letdown. Wasn't till 1999 when I saw them again for the 'Phoenix Rising' tour that they fully redeemed themselves in my eyes (and ears).

No comments: