Monday, December 1, 2008

Morbid Angel • The Pound SF • December 1, 2001



Have let this ticket thing slide a bit since the middle of last month. Weak. So here we go...

SunnO))) • The Independent • November 21, 2004



Rob Zombie • San Jose Event Center Arena • November 21, 1998

This was the first concert I took my little brother to. I think he was pretty blown away. It was a great bill, too. Fear Factory opened and they rocked, Monster Magnet were raw power personified, and Zombie was at his scary theatrical best.

Rage Against The Machine • Oakland Arena • November 19, 1999

Played chaperone for my little bro and his friend on this one, though I was curious to see what Rage was all about live. We hit the floor and were greeted to Rage's mostly knucklehead doofus fraternity jock fanbase. Lame. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think the band's socio-political messages have made any impact on these moronic goons. At one point the house lights went up and I swear it looked like Fight Club, arena style. Usually at any other show I could move away from all the circle pits and random brawls that erupt within the crowd, but no such luck here. I don't know how we all managed to make it out of there without so much as a bruise, but we did and I'm thankful for it!

Isis • Slim's • November 18, 2007

Attended this show just a day after I got back from the Philippines, and on the same day that I ended up going to work on a Sunday. Thought I wouldn't have anything left for the evening, but Isis flat out destroyed that night. Tired? Fuck that.

Sonny Rollins • Zellerbach Hall • November 18, 2000

As far as jazz musicians go, Rollins is my idol–one of the last true living legends in jazz. The sound was a little off, but Sonny's playing was great. He had to be in his 70s, but he was still tearing it up.

No comments: