Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Massive Attack

Picked up a used copy of this Bergman classic–the 5 disc Criterion edition no less, which has the original version of the movie (a 5 hour film made for Swedish television) as well as the shorter theatrical version. I thought the theatrical cut was amazing; I can't wait to dig in to the fully realized uncut version.


And if that wasn't epic enough, I've also committed myself to reading this 5 volume Chinese saga, the first book of which I'm about a quarter of the way through. Despite the fact that there have already been at least 35 to 40 characters introduced just this far into the novel, I'm finding it to be thoroughly engaging and fairly easy to follow nonetheless.


The 33 1/3 series of books are awesome–The perfect quick read for the bus/train. Almost finished with this one on Slayer's seminal 'Reign In Blood' album.

No comments: