Saturday, June 5, 2010

ISIS, R.I.P.


One of my favorite bands has decided to call it quits. So tonight I get to see them play one last time at the Troubadour here in LA, the exact same venue I saw them at when the band first moved out here from Boston during the first half of the last decade. They were playing some one-off shows in SoCal at the time and I drove all the way down from San Francisco just to check them out. Melvins opened. It was great. At least they're going out at the top of their game. Their last album, Wavering Radiant, is so intense. I couldn't imagine how they'd follow that up. I know tonight will be awesome but also bittersweet, like throwing a going away party for an old friend. At least I'll always have the records, and the memories of all the mind-blowing shows.

No comments: