Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Viva vinyl reissues 2009

This year yielded vinyl reissues of some of my favorite albums from the late 80s and 90s.

The Stone Roses
ST - Repressed for the 20th anniversary of it's release. The whole album still holds up.



Red House Painters Songs for a Blue Guitar - Released for the first time on wax. I got the limited edition on lovely blue vinyl.



Mazzy Star She Hangs Brightly - I believe this came out just a few weeks ago. And here I thought I'd never have this on LP, as an original pressing typically sells for a small fortune on Ebay.



The Black Crowes
The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion - Hands down my favorite album of theirs, and one of my favorite all-time albums of the 90s.



Lisa Gerrard The Mirror Pool - Also available for the first time on LP format, complete with new sleeve artwork by Chris Bigg, who also designed the original CD version.

No comments: